APPLICATION CLOSED: Processing Production Manager
The Processing Production Manager oversees the workers and the equipment they operate on the production floor. They are responsible for contributing to and carrying out production decisions. This job requires some years of experience working on the production floor and gaining technical experience with the equipment. This manager spends a fair amount of time walking the production floor to make sure both the equipment and workers are operating at maximum efficiency. Most processing production managers work regular office hours, though some production processes have extended hours requiring evening and weekend shifts. Seasonal food packing hours during harvest periods are extremely flexible.
Corporate Position: Processing Production Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Number of Open Positions: One (1)
Assignment Location: Marinduque, Philippines
Hiring Date: March 2019
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire and Train Staff. The processing production manager participates in interviewing and selecting candidates. They also train new hires on production policies and procedures.
- Delegate Tasks to Factory Staff as Necessary. This manager constantly walks the factory floor to make sure all employees are performing their assigned tasks. This involves keeping employees’ content and motivated.
- Create and Enforce Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures. The processing production manager works with other managers to develop a standard quality process and ensuring factory employees work to established standards.
- Create and Implement Machine Maintenance Standard Operating Procedures. The processing production manager makes sure the production equipment is running at optimal efficiency. They create a maintenance procedure for every machine and ensure production employees follow this procedure regularly.
- Analyse Factory Production Data and Devising Improvements as Necessary. It is up to the processing production manager to keep a close eye on key production metrics. By constantly analysing this data, factory managers identify and address dips in production before they become major issues.
- Create Production Data Reports and Present them to the senior team. Processing production manager create production reports based on their data analysis. They present these production reports to decision makers in regular Operations meetings on a regular basis.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- A bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, logistics, agribusiness or any related field
- They study the principles of economics, basic logistics, and organizational communication
- Most of their technical knowledge comes through their years of experience working their way up from a factory/production worker
- Competence in running the machines specific to their industry as a part of the troubleshooting and quality control processes
- Analysis and creation of production plans and reports
For interested applicants, please submit your comprehensive 1-page resumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on Wed, February 6, 2019
by The AGREA Team