LEAF 2018 SPEAKER IN FOCUS: Johan Boden
Johan Boden is an entrepreneur with 24 years of experience in the food and agriculture industry. He is the co-founder of Chumak, a Swedish-Ukrainian vertically integrated food processing company located in Kakhovka, Kherson Region in the south of Ukraine. Chumak has a sales organization of 550 people and distribution coverage of 47,000 sales points. Chumak has played a significant role in the rapid development of Ukrainian vegetable farming and overall development.
Key achievements include:
- Increased average harvest yield for tomatoes from 23 tons per ha in 1995 to above 95 tons, with best performing farms in 2016 exceeding 118 tons
- Best MIS implementation recognized by SAP in Easterm Europe in 2013
- Customers include multinationals with the most demanding procurement standards including Unilever, McDonalds, Heinz, as well as retail chains such as Metro
Johan brings deep experience throughout the supply chain in the key areas of yield management and quality management with the successful implementation of frameworks such as Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and globally recognized certifications such HACCP, and GLOBAL GAP.
He also brings valuable experience in business development, which includes identification of new export markets & development of new product concepts, and marketing, which includes consumer research, branding, and channel management.
Johan is also the co-founder of
- Green Team, a fresh vegetable growing, storage, processing, packaging business for Ukrainian retail and selected export markets,
- Vindkraft Ukraina, a prioneer in the renewable energy sector in Ukraine and which has developed a 31 MW windpark along the Black Sea coast.
Johan was educated in Economics from Enskilda GYMNASIET and the IHM Business School, both in Sweden, and Orka Brand Academy in Norway.
Register Now | Back to LEAF Speakers
Posted on Tue, September 25, 2018
by AGREA Team