APPLICATION CLOSED: Full-time Agriculturist
The AGREA agriculturist will be responsible in assisting in the development, management, and general maintenance of a farm. He/she is expected to deliver results-based developments, and help create farm management and implementation strategies and methods that are employed to keep the farm productive and profitable.
Corporate Position: Agriculturist
Number of Open Positions: One (1)
Assignment Location: Marinduque, Philippines
Hiring Date: March 2019
- The agriculturist makes sure that the day-to-day running of the farm goes smoothly as possible.
- Create and implement farm techniques and strategies while carrying out assigned farm activities.
- Operate farming machinery and maintain this machinery, clean it regularly and fix it if necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining the condition of the physical buildings of the farm.
- Assist in the development and implementation of short and long-term plans for the program, monitor daily, weekly, and/or monthly progress, assure staff adherence and evaluate performance.
- Help organize field training to address needs and identify relevant external training opportunities.
- Assist in the management of fiscal operations including budget development modifications, track expenditures, continuous monitoring of the program’s financial health and make recommendations.
- Consult with the farm managers to assess the current condition of the assigned farm and make constructive suggestions on how to increase the productivity and profit margin for the farm. Once approved, the farm technician helps in the implementation of the suggestion.
- Knowledge of principle and practice relevant to farming, farm development and farm education.
- Must have a good command of both written and spoken Filipino and English Language.
- Must be creative, strategic and analytic with the ability to create, manage, and implement multiple and overlapping assignments.
- Must be experienced in developing and managing budget, farm training, and supervising and assessing the farm team.
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, database management and other related computer applications.
- Previous experience in community-based organizing and conflict management is a plus.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of demographic.
- Must be willing to travel and work on shifting and demanding schedules.
- Must be able to align the program workspace with the goals, objectives, mission and vision of AGREA.
MARCH 2019 HIRING. APPLY NOW!
For interested applicants, please submit your comprehensive 1-page resumé and a cover letter to [email protected].
Posted on Tue, February 5, 2019
by Rafael Seno filed under