APPLICATION CLOSED: Full-time Agriculturist
We need a full-time agriculturist to take over classes in organic agriculture production consistent with the training regulations and standards of the AGREA Farm School. This position will be based in Marinduque, MIMAROPA, Philippines.
The ideal candidate will have a background in organic farming and farm development, and will be able to take over that responsibility in addition to his or her farm school obligations. We’re looking for an individual with experience in practical agriculture with focus on fertilizers, vegetables, chicken, and hogs production, as well as organic farm development. The successful candidate will possess a keen understanding of agricultural extension in both classroom and practical settings.
Corporate Position: Agriculturist
Assigned Department: AGREA Farm School
Number of Open Positions: One (1)
Assignment Location: Marinduque, Philippines
- Plan, prepare, and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active organic agriculture production learning experiences consistent with the technical-vocational training regulations of the AGREA Farm School
- Directly collaborate with the AGREA Farm School Team in continuously improving the farm school’s technical vocational module and training scheme
- Work in partnership with relevant departments in the sustainable operations of AGREA’s estate farm-related activities, farming community programs, farm school, etc.
- Record daily training activities in the AGREA Farm School.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students, provide appropriate feedback to students and work mates, and establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Keep updated with developments in the subject area, teaching resources, methods, and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities when necessary.
- Assist in conducting organic agriculture production field trials and experiments particularly in the AGREA Estate Farm and farming communities.
- A graduate of any Agriculture-related program (4-year degree) focusing on crop production, crop protection, animal science, or any related field
- Licensed Agriculture Professional is preferred
- Must have knowledge on crop protection (Plant Pathology or Entomology), Plant Nutrition, and Animal Science
- Must be familiar with basic communication skills in Agricultural Extension
- Experience in field experiments and hands-on practical agricultural skills is ideal
- Good verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Highly organized, attention to detail, and results-oriented
- Skill set must include competent knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (particularly MS Word and MS Excel)
IMMEDIATE HIRING. APPLY TODAY!
For interested applicants, please submit your comprehensive 1-page resumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on Mon, May 21, 2018
by Rafael Seno filed under