MAJAYJAY, LAGUNA. Lead trainers from AGREA Farm School and Assessment Center, together with ATI Learning Site cooperators and TESDA Farm School trainers from all over the Philippines, passed the competency assessment for Agroentrepreneurship NC II and Agroentrepreneurship NC III.
“This is the powerhouse lead batch of Agroentrepreneurship NCII and NCII passers in the Philippines. They are among the very first certified agri entrepreneurs in the whole country,” says Keneth de Gracia, School Director of Costales Agricultural and Skills Development Instititute, Inc. (CASDII) in Majayjay, Laguna.
“They went through rigorous training courtesy of our trainers here in Costales, and then assessed and certified by TESDA accredited assessors,” he added.
Aside from AGREA, other the national certification passers include trainers and learning site cooperators from Ato Belen's Farm, Chad's Nature Farm, Duran Farm Agribusiness and Training Center Association, Inc., Nylove's Farm, Laly's Farmville, Cortijo De Palsabangon, Agrie's Integrated Farm, Sweet Nature Farms, Alomah's Place, Romaine Organics, Bakaan Farm, Reotutar's Garden and Resort, and Happi Farm.
Among the lead passers from AGREA were Rafael Seño, AGREA’s Director of Rapport and Communications and AGREA Farm School’s Training Director, and Vanessa Leah Nicopior, AGREA’s Social Programs Director.
“Agroentrepreneurship NC II and NC III formalizes and reinforces farm business education in a manner that is reachable, understandable, and tangible for real-life Filipino farmers, farm cluster managers, and agriculture entrepreneurs,” said Rafael Seño.
“These new courses will be great additions to our lineup of agri-related courses being offered at the AGREA Farm School.” AGREA Farm School currently offers scholarship trainings in Organic Agriculture Production NCII.
AGREA Farm School maintains 100% pass rate - again!
Take the Organic Agriculture NCII Course at the AGREA Farm School
Agroentrepreneurship NC II and NC III Qualification
The Agroentrepreneurship NC II Qualification consists of competencies that a person must achieve to:
- Assess market opportunities – conduct market visits, determine value adding activities and prepare market plan);
- Establish farm production plan – review, prepare and improve farm production plan. It also includes competencies in monitoring activities, record keeping and information gathering;
- Handle finances – prepare budget plan, apply budget plan and invest farm income); and
- Market produce – monitor prevailing price of produce, apply marketing strategies and trade produce.
The Agroentrepreneurship NC III Qualification consists of competencies that a person must achieve to
- Engage agroenterprise (AE) industry stakeholders – collect and supply data for site project selection, support organizing AE industry stakeholders and sustain partnership;
- Ensure product supply – lead in selection of product, establish production module, prepare supply plan, oversee and monitor the implementation of production activities and implement safety and precautionary measures;
- Implement financial management – develop financial plan, facilitates loan application and payment of farmer-members, practice savings and implement record keeping. This unit focuses on financial aspects of the agro-enterprise activities, excluding the non-financial;
- Mobilize farmer’s participation in capacity building activities – assess capacity building needs of farmers, implement capacity building program and mentor farmers; and
- Conduct collective marketing – conduct market chain study, undertake test marketing, carry out sustained marketing and implement value adding activities.
To know more about the AGREA Farm School, and for information and other inquiries about its course offerings and scholarship programs supported by TESDA, call/text Sun Cellular 0933 824-6020, Globe 0917 888-6505, Landline (042) 332-0025, M-F Office hours 9AM-5PM, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also visit the TESDA Provincial Office in Marinduque: 2/F JRT Building, Magsaysay St., Brgy. Isok I, Boac, Marinduque. Tel. No. (042) 332-0231, email address email@example.com. /The Agrea Team
Posted on Tue, October 23, 2018
by AGREA Team filed under