APPLY NOW: Agriculture Intern
The AGREA Agriculture Intern applies his/her knowledge in his/her field of specialization in Agriculture with the aim of becoming a high-caliber agriculture professional in the future. He/she focuses on assisting the development and implementation of AGREA’s groundwork plan that includes fieldwork and data gathering. He/she helps build and sustain AGREA's reputation for integrity, quality, reliability, and customers, stakeholders, and partners’ satisfaction.
Corporate Position: Agriculture Intern
Direct Report: Director of Agricultural Abundance
Work Hours: Minimum of 200 hours
Assignment Location: Marinduque, Philippines
- The Agriculture Intern will assist in conducting crop production experiments particularly in the AGREA Model Farm. He/she will also participate in all farm activities. He/she will also assist in conducting field trials and experiments in the farming communities in Marinduque.
- He/she must understand AGREA’s groundwork with its farming communities.
- Records daily activities in the AGREA Model Farm and in AGREA’s farming communities.
- Directly collaborates with both the Director and Associate Director of Agricultural Abundance and other department heads in order to develop, research, and device management strategies that are aligned with the company’s vision, mission, goals and objective as an innovative social enterprise.
You should share these traits:
- Highly Objective: You value objectivity with your data and do not value bias.
- Logical: You understand the logic behind observations and theories through scientific evidence.
- Team Player: You're able to listen, communicate, and work with tons of different people.
- Trustworthy: You are known for your personal integrity and honesty.
- Must have knowledge on crop protection (Plant Pathology or Entomology) and Plant Nutrition.
- Must be familiar with basic communication skills in Agricultural Extension.
- Experimental design skills and statistical knowledge are ideal requisites for the position.
- A student or graduate of any Agriculture-related program focusing on crop production, crop protection or any related field.
- Experience in field experiments and hands-on practical agricultural skills.
- Good verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Highly organized, attention to detail, and results-oriented
- Skill set must include knowledge in MS Office applications (particularly MS Excel) and statistics software (e.g. SAS).
- Must have a laptop with MS Office applications.
- Ability to operate motorcycle or any light vehicle is a plus.
For interested applicants, please submit your comprehensive 1-page resumé plus a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on Wed, October 25, 2017
by Rafael Seno filed under