BOAC, MARINDUQUE. Less fortunate individuals in Marinduque Philippines can now avail of free technical-vocational training in Agricultural Crops Production NCII plus a myriad of benefits by enrolling at the AGREA Farm School through TESDA’s Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act (UAQTEA) program.
Signed into law by President Rodrigo Duterte in 2017, UAQTEA grants free tuition to students of all state universities and colleges (SUCs) in the country. The same law applies to high school students or college drop-outs who choose to follow the technical-vocational program and can avail of free skills training being offered in TESDA training centers and TESDA-accredited schools and institutions.
UAQTEA gives Filipinos from all walks of life the opportunity to avail of free tertiary education, and to give equal chances for them to receive this from both public and private institutions.
The program gives priority to students who are technically-able but otherwise from poor families or impoverished backgrounds. The program also ensures the optimized utilization of government resources in education.
Successful applicants to this scholarship program shall have the following benefits:
- 56 days of free training (6 hours a day) in Agricultural Crops Production NCII;
- Living allowance (at P160.00 per scholar per day);
- Instructional materials;
- Three (3) workshop uniforms;
- Accident Insurance for one year;
- Miscellaneous and other school fees;
- Free National Assessment for Agricultural Crops Production NCII after the training; and
- Starter Toolkit after graduation.
- Must be a Filipino Citizen;
- At least fifteen (15) years old and above at the start of the training program;
- Must be a High School Graduate / High School completer;
- With an annual family income of three hundred thousand (P300,000.00) and below; and
- Must not be a current beneficiary of other government educational scholarship or subsidy program for beneficiaries.
The following are NOT ELIGIBLE for enrolment:
- Applicants who are holders of any Bachelor’s Degree/college graduates;
- Applicants who are already holders of a certificate or diploma for a technical-vocational programs equivalent to National Certificate Level III or higher, unless the trainee is enrolled in bundled programs in Level IV and Diploma;
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate,
- Photocopy of Barangay Clearance,
- Photocopy of Certificate of Indigency,
- Photocopy of Form 137 or equivalent,
- Photocopy of Medical Certificate,
- Photocopy of any government-issued ID/high school ID (if available),
- 5 pcs Passport size picture with collar (white background), and
- 5 pcs 1x1 size picture with collar (white background).
Agricultural Crops Production NC II
This TESDA and AGREA iteration of UAQTEA for 2020 covers scholarships in Agricultural Crops Production NC II (or ACP NCII). This course trains participants in producing various agricultural crops and includes performing nursery operations, planting, caring and maintaining of crops and carrying-out harvest and postharvest operations.
This course trains students the proper way of planting, growing, and harvesting grains, fruits, and vegetables. It also equips students in understanding and performing appropriate agricultural duties.
AGREA Farm School and Assessment Center
AGREA offers full scholarships in agriculture courses in their farm school in Marinduque. The AGREA Farm School in Siargao opens early to mid-2020.
ALSO READ: AGREA now offers short-term scholarships in organic farming
To enrol, or to avail scholarships offered by AGREA Farm School and TESDA Marinduque, or if you have other inquiries, personally visit the AGREA Office in AGREA Farm Estate, Brgy Cawit, Boac, Marinduque. You may also call/text Sun/Smart 0933 824-6020, Globe 0917 888-6505, M-F Office hours 9AM-5PM, or send an email to [email protected].
Posted 2:00 PM, 15 February 2020
Updated 2:00 PM, 15 February 2020
Read More Articles | Back to Home | AGREA Farm School | Contact AGREA
Posted on Sat, February 15, 2020
by Rafael Seño filed under