Pest Management (Vegetables) NC II is a new agriculture course at the AGREA Farm School, in partnership with TESDA Marinduque, which will train participants in implementing pest management activities in both backyard and commercial vegetable farms.
The course involves carrying out competencies in pest management in relation to the growing of vegetables specifically solanaceous crops such as tomato, pepper and eggplant, and crucifers such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and Chinese cabbage.
Some industry-standard skills that will be taught in this course include:
- Applying safety measures in farm operations,
- Using farm tools and equipment,
- Performing estimation and basic calculations,
- Conducting field assessment,
- Applying bio-, physical, and chemical control measures,
- Applying cultural management strategies, and
- Monitoring results of pest management activities and provide feedback, among others.
Pest Management (Vegetables) NC II takes a minimum of 312 training hours or 39 days.
- Must be 18 years old and above at the time of application
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of Medical Certificate
- Photocopy of Barangay Clearance
- Photocopy of any government-issued ID/school ID (if available)
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records/Form 137 (if available)
- 5 pcs Passport size picture with collar (white background)
- 5 pcs 1x1 size picture with collar (white background)
Graduates of other agriculture-related NC courses are also encouraged to apply.
Qualified graduates of Pest Management (Vegetables) NC II can find employment as Pest Management or Pest Control Technician.
Enrolment for Agricultural Crops Production NC II for October thru December 2019 intake is now open.
To enrol, or to avail scholarships offered by AGREA Farm School and TESDA Marinduque, or if you have other inquiries, please call/text Sun/Smart 0933 824-6020, Globe 0917 888-6505, Landline (042) 332-0025, M-F Office hours 9AM-5PM, or send an email to [email protected]
VISIT the AGREA Farm School website for more information.
AGREA Farm School Team
Posted 1:00 PM, 15 August 2019
Updated 1:01 PM, 18 October 2019
Read More Articles | Back to Home | AGREA Farm School | Contact AGREA
Posted on Fri, October 18, 2019
by The AGREA Team filed under